1 [2]

Hypothetical question
Anakin McFly
2008-08-29 13:16:51

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

*Screams really loudly!* Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Donnie goop: *waves a tentacle tentatively in the air*

I didn't save their demented ramblings
I did. -> http://anivad.livejournal.com/98675.html
keanugirl762008-08-29 14:43:33

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

Yes, that's it. Buzeeworkerant.
Yes, I can confirm it too. And she had another nick before, but I can't remember it now. She used to bash Amanda De Cadenet all the time and she stated " He (Keanu) raped me at ".

Then, yes, there was also Vivantaube.

EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-31 01:35:48

Forum Posts: 328

Donnie goop: *waves a tentacle tentatively in the air*

I did.  -> http://anivad.livejournal.com/98675.html
Oh man, reading all that brought back some memories. I used to peruse the Dogstar board, when they had a web site and I remember the poster she's alluding to: CBE=Chrissy Blue Eyes. It makes me think someone was up to no good on that board and probably impostering some of the guys from Dogstar. That boards been offline for awhile, so it's amazing she's still talking about it. Or was talking about it.

I see they (buzeeworkerant) haven't posted since February 1st 2008, so hopefully they've moved on or gotten some help?
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-31 01:37:35

Yes, I can confirm it too. And she had another nick before, but I can't remember it now. She used to bash Amanda De Cadenet all the time and she stated " He (Keanu) raped me at ".

Then, yes, there was also Vivantaube.
Thank you! So, I wasn't imagining that!
Mr Queen2008-08-31 05:00:41

Forum Posts: 4
And now a quote from Mr Anthony Quinn :
"In Europe an actor is an artist. In Hollywood, if he isn't working, he's a bum."

It seems that Mr Anthony Quinn was right. May be Keanu should leave Hollywood and come to Europe...
Anakin McFly
2008-08-31 14:56:57

ADMIN

Who are you, how did you find this place, and why are you plagiarising ckage's post?
Mr Queen2008-08-31 20:37:34

Quote Anakin McFly: Who are you, how did you find this place, and why are you plagiarising ckage's post?

Answer: Wanted to quote ckage, but made a mistake with the edition.
I do not want to be part of this discussion because it seems insane to discuss other people life on internet. Life is short, people should live their life instead of minding other people's life.

I just log in to write Anthony Quinn's quote which feels so true: ""In Europe an actor is an artist. In Hollywood, if he isn't working, he's a bum."
Anakin McFly
2008-08-31 21:04:57

ADMIN

Okay, sorry. Deleted it for you.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-09-01 07:28:33

I do not want to be part of this discussion because it seems insane to discuss other people life on internet. Life is short, people should live their life instead of minding other people's life.
Insane? Really? And yet you're here. At a Keanu board no less. At a hypothetical question thread regarding Keanu.

I *have* a life, thank you very much. You actually can be a fan of someone and *have* a life. You know, work, travel, school, boyfriends, hobbies, that kind of thing. But thanks for generalizing and insulting people here. We really appreciate your input.

Mr Queen2008-09-01 16:03:59

Quote Everythingis Magical: "But thanks for generalizing and insulting people here. We really appreciate your input."

Answers:
1) If you feel insulted you must have your own reasons to feel that way... Just ask yourself why you felt insulted...

Anakin McFly did not take my comment as an insult.

2) Writing online that Keanu looks like a bum does not seem pretty friendly... that why I logged in to quote Anthony Quinn : "In Europe an actor is an artist. In Hollywood, if he isn't working, he's a bum."

It seems that Mr Anthony Quinn was right. May be Keanu should leave Hollywood and come to Europe... Because Keanu is not a bum, he is an ARTIST.

3) I am ill and while staying in a hospital, I surf on internet and found "Whoa is (not) me", which is a really interesting and different site about Keanu. I like it.
But definitely do not like Forum where people discuss someone's life. I do not believe Keanu would really appreciate people commenting on his love and sex life, about his ex-girlfriends. Plus, sex is intimate and private, speculating about it on internet seems to me INSANE.

As Americans say before leaving when they do not want to talk to you again: "Have a good life."
Anakin McFly
2008-09-01 18:44:12

ADMIN

But definitely do not like Forum where people discuss someone's life. I do not believe Keanu would really appreciate people commenting on his love and sex life, about his ex-girlfriends. Plus, sex is intimate and private, speculating about it on internet seems to me INSANE.
Agreed, but that's not we're doing here.

This thread was meant as a response to people on another forum where they did discuss such details about his private life and were commenting on it. This is a comment on that.
ckage
2008-09-01 21:19:36

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Guess what: I AM in Europe. And if a person, actor or not, dresses like a bum I will describe them as... A B-U-M. Perhaps I'll also add he also tends to look like a mixture of a hippie with a punk. And no, I don't think these descriptions are rude or detrimental towards Keanu, since he has basically used all of them to describe himself. That, and worst, actually. He doesn't have trouble with that. Why should you?

Let me tell you something else: it's common courtesy among the Internet to, when visiting a new forum, stand in the back for a while and see how the space works, before coming in and picking a fight at random. Precisely to avoid situations such as these, where a newbie comes in with totally out of context romps of holier-than-thou attitude: like Anakin pointed out, we were NOT discussing a person's "private life"; we were discussing our reaction to said rumours and thrashings when we read them in other forums.
If you kept some silence and study the way this community works, you would have got that we pretty much stand AGAINST the notion one can gossip at will about a personÆs life, and are not here to trash any actor or personality. By doing so, you would have avoided putting yourself in a negative light, and would not have insulted the regulars.

TheWyleyOne
2008-09-01 21:45:49

Forum Posts: 115

3) I am ill and while staying in a hospital, I surf on internet and found "Whoa is (not) me", which is a really interesting and different site about Keanu. I like it.
Um, well actually, Mr Q, if you had bothered to read PROPERLY you should have picked up that this forum is frequented by GENUINE Keanu fans who come here to discuss Keanu-related-news in a friendly and respectful way. Sometimes we can get a little cheeky, but hey, we're GIRLS and he's a perfect specimen of the male of the species, so it can't be helped. We make no apologies.

If you find this forum offensive, then I must warn you do not, NOT, go visiting the Keanu board at IMDB - or you may fall off your bed!

Get well soon.

TWO
EverythingIsMagic
2008-09-02 07:05:44

1) If you feel insulted you must have your own reasons to feel that way... Just ask yourself why you felt insulted...

Anakin McFly did not take my comment as an insult.
Okay, I can take that as valid criticism. I think I have been really frustrated lately with a lot of so called "Keanu" fans I've seen online and frankly I'm getting really, really tired of it. I can see where some of that probably boiled over in my response to you and I apologize.

Maybe you're new to the Internet, but some of the things you're posting can be construed as patronizing. A lot of people don't realize how they "sound" online. Just a thought.

2) Writing online that Keanu looks like a bum does not seem pretty friendly... that why I logged in to quote Anthony Quinn : "In Europe an actor is an artist. In Hollywood, if he isn't working, he's a bum."

It seems that Mr Anthony Quinn was right. May be Keanu should leave Hollywood and come to Europe... Because Keanu is not a bum, he is an ARTIST.
I understand your reasoning here (as far as Keanu being an artist) and don't have a problem with what you're saying. For the record I never post that Keanu dresses like a bum, since I like to dress casual myself most days.

As Americans say before leaving when they do not want to talk to you again: "Have a good life."
I'm sorry to hear that you are ill and I sincerely hope you get better.

I think we can agree on how distatesful it is to discuss someone's love or sex life and ex girlfriends. Especially, when it is seen through a media lens and probably nothing resembling the truth-mostly speculation and gossip.

I think it's great how in other countries people in the spotlight can actually have a private life without being bothered. It's one of the more troubling aspects I find of US media and sadly it seems to be getting worse all the time.

As for speculating about personal matters on the internet being seen as insane, well unfortunately, I'd say for a vast majority of people it's what they like to look at and discuss. I'm interested more in Keanu's movies and interviews and what he's doing next, but I can't say that's the same for everyone. I try not to get into discussing his private life, but I can't say I've *never* done so. The people who post here don't disrespect Keanu either. What was being commented on was what some *other* posters *do* comment on. Much to our chagrin!

It'd be too hard to go into detail about how people in the spotlight tend to be projections for people's thoughts about themselves and the world. Meaning, it has more to do about *them* and their beliefs than the actual person they're discussing. If that makes sense?

Anyways, again I hope you feel better soon!
Mr Queen2008-09-05 20:06:37

To ckage:
I lived both in Europe and America, and I noticed that in Europe there is a little more respect for actors than in America.
In America actors make much more money than in Europe, so people feel a bit jealous of them and think they can say anything about them; they are being turned into some kind of freak clowns.
In Europe they make less money, and my feeling is that there is more respect for them, they are artists.

To TheWyleyOne:
I did not expect you to apologize for your girl's excitement toward a beautiful man. Personally, when I saw The Lake House, I felt a little excitement when looking at Sandra... I find her very beautiful.
I did visit the IMDB board... hopefully I did not fell off my bed, but I got bored with it after few minutes.

To EverythingIsMagic:
Yes, I am new on Internet, and I may be as you say "patronizing". Quite possible. I may be also like this in real life too.
I am interested in Keanu because of his craft. I think he is a very special actor. Often, when I say that I find him to be a good actor, people think I am not being serious... but I am. As you, I get tired to hear that he is the worst actor, and blah, blah, blah...

To Anakin McFly:
Your site is really cool. I loved the "Wall of shame". This is a brilliant idea to edit this page next to all the quote from people who worked with him and know him. After reading those pages there is no comment to add.
I love the gallery too. BEST gallery from all internet websites.

lflipout is not a Keanu's fan. My feeling about this person is that she is herself's fan. She just wants/needs attention on her. So, the best is to ignore her and not give any credit to the crap she is writing.
It is the same for the woman who called herself "Isis", she does not love Keanu, she just want to attract attention on her. So, again, the best is to ignore her and people like her by not playing their game.

I thought that, you, guys/girls, were different from other site and forum, this is why I logged in to write to you. My intention was not to offend you.
Have a good week-end, all of you.
LuxuriantN
2008-09-08 11:29:18

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
I guess I would still be a fan because I havent invested any emotion into him. If he did turn out to be all of the things he is alleged to be (does he even have that much time?) then would it affect his acting and the film choices he makes? No.

And even with regard to deviant or illegal behaviour - my first instinct would be not to judge because I dont know him well enough to understand the motive for that behaviour.

I also wonder how much of it I would believe. Unless I saw the words coming out of his mouth, I guess I would pretty much dismiss the stories without conclusive proof like video footage etc (and even then, you need to see it in the wider context to fully understand what you are witnessing).

I have a younger sister who is a train wreck. I love her dearly but I want to shake some sense into her. People judge her based on what they have heard (and in some cases, seen) but they dont know what she went through as a kid.

So my answer is no. My only connection to him is through his work so I believe I would continue to admire his skill.
SonjaRostov2008-09-13 23:58:34

Forum Posts: 31

I didn't see the post your talking about specifically, but there was another poster on IMDB (this was a while ago) who used to say the most outrageous things about Keanu. beezleworth or something? Or viviantaub. Speed_Of_Late  knows the poster I'm talking about. She would always tell them to take their meds.

She (beezleworth/viviantaub) would write that Keanu had raped her when they were children and that he had many children by other women in other countries and terrible things had happened to her when she was young, because of Keanu. And a bunch of other stuff.  It just really seemed like the writings of an mentally unstable person. I think you can sort of tell when someone is "off."

Hi, I'm Speed.

It's interesting to me to see how Keanu attracts far more fans who appear to be off their meds than other actors of his stature or popularity. We've had so many over the years at IMDb, and before that at AOL and before that, Prodigy, that the pattern is firmly entrenched. It might be a fascinating subject for a sociologist to study--why him?

It's not just buzzeeworkerant. It's gloforitglolady, Gail_Richardson_7 (aka gdrichardson1), keanuhopes, VivianTaub, and so on. I've observed people on fan boards who are so clearly out of touch with reality that it's amazing to me that they are allowed to live on their own. I don't see how they can possibly be taking proper care of themselves if they believe some of the stuff they seem to, from rapes to hundreds of Keanu-related novels to Keanu being a for-real vampire who's bitten them to--well, anything you can imagine. More than you can imagine, in my case. I couldn't make this stuff up, you know?

Sadder still, many seem to have kids. Some seem to have such high levels of hatred vacillating from themselves to Keanu and back again that I suspect they stalk him and might easily harm him. I wrote a story about that once, based on a woman I knew on Prodigy. (I'm dating myself, I know.) Never sold it, though. Might be worth a second look, all these years later.

Anyway, yeah, I have some of their names and copied some of their rants, as fodder for fiction.

God, I'd hate to have that level of celebrity. Here's to being a nobody! (Clinks glass with each of you.)

Sonja
EverythingIsMagic
2008-09-17 08:31:30

(SonjaRostov @ Sep 13 2008, 11:58 PM)

I didn't see the post your talking about specifically, but there was another poster on IMDB (this was a while ago) who used to say the most outrageous things about Keanu. beezleworth or something? Or viviantaub. Speed_Of_Lateá knows the poster I'm talking about. She would always tell them to take their meds.

á She (beezleworth/viviantaub) would write that Keanu had raped her when they were children and that he had many children by other women in other countries and terrible things had happened to her when she was young, because of Keanu. And a bunch of other stuff.á It just really seemed like the writings of an mentally unstable person. I think you can sort of tell when someone is "off."

Hi, I'm Speed.

It's interesting to me to see how Keanu attracts far more fans who appear to be off their meds than other actors of his stature or popularity. We've had so many over the years at IMDb, and before that at AOL and before that, Prodigy, that the pattern is firmly entrenched. It might be a fascinating subject for a sociologist to study--why him?

It's not just buzzeeworkerant. It's gloforitglolady, Gail_Richardson_7 (aka gdrichardson1), keanuhopes, VivianTaub, and so on. I've observed people on fan boards who are so clearly out of touch with reality that it's amazing to me that they are allowed to live on their own. I don't see how they can possibly be taking proper care of themselves if they believe some of the stuff they seem to, from rapes to hundreds of Keanu-related novels to Keanu being a for-real vampire who's bitten them to--well, anything you can imagine. More than you can imagine, in my case. I couldn't make this stuff up, you know?

Sadder still, many seem to have kids. Some seem to have such high levels of hatred vacillating from themselves to Keanu and back again that I suspect they stalk him and might easily harm him. I wrote a story about that once, based on a woman I knew on Prodigy. (I'm dating myself, I know.) Never sold it, though. Might be worth a second look, all these years later.

Anyway, yeah, I have some of their names and copied some of their rants, as fodder for fiction.

God, I'd hate to have that level of celebrity. Here's to being a nobody! (Clinks glass with each of you.)

Sonja

Hi Speed!

Good to see you here!

I'd forgotten grichardson. The others I don't recall (except viviantaub, which I mentioned). Wow! I've come across some in my Keanu fandom, but didn't realize there were so many. unsure.gif

It would be something kinda interesting to study. Personally, I wouldn't even know where to begin? Or why Keanu is such a target?

I agree, it is sad that so many seem to have kids. We haven't seen some in awhile, so maybe they're getting help or moved on. Hopefully.

And yeah, here's to being anonymous. I can't even begin to imagine the weirdness some celebs have to deal with. :shudders to think of it: wacko.gif
Anakin McFly
2008-09-17 10:15:49

ADMIN

...Wait, what? A VAMPIRE?

1 [2]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.