WINM Forums :: The Website :: Front page redesign!

1 [2]

Front page redesign!
kim@kod
2009-10-23 00:24

Forum Posts: 6
Comments: 5
Reviews: 0
Anakin, I love everything you've done with your site. It's awesome!
nafsunaek
2009-10-23 02:45

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
I agree, it an excellent new design. BTW, I alternate feeding the fish with voting Keanu to get a better position! Just insane ... or not?
Anakin McFly
2009-10-23 09:01

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Thanks!

BTW, I alternate feeding the fish with voting Keanu to get a better position! Just insane ... or not?

... XD

seer
2009-10-30 06:13

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Whoa whoa Ink, what kind of sight hounds?

I've had Afghans for years, although I was usually in the conformation ring - coursing is a blast to watch though and the dogs sure love it :).

Oh sorry, drifted a little off topic there - no, I take that back, I am firmly convinced our Man was an Af in another life ;).

I do love the fish tank... hmmm.. shooting them. Ya know, maybe you should approach the gadget designer Ani? He may just appreciate the meaning behind a fish tank on WiNM :D.

inkhuldra
2009-10-30 06:57

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Seer, it's so cool that you, too, are a sighthound fancier!

I have sloughis. Yup, the ancient hunting sighthounds of the Northern Sahara region. I have three of them, and all in all there are about 15 of them in all of Norway. My oldest, Ain Zafir Ashraf Azaar (4 1/2 years old), is FCI European LC Champion 2008 as well as conformation champion in Norway and Sweden. All three of them hunt (and want to kill) my feral rabbits and my chickens (they've finished about half a dozen rabbits and just as many chickens - plus one cat, one mink, and one squirrel). Like all sighthounds, they have two speeds: on and off. I love the off mode, because they tend to sleep most of the day. Sighthounds are unfathomably lazy!

I don't think Our Man was ever a sloughi. He'd be too bloodthirsty and, at the same time, extremely lazy. Our Man, although he's played characters who have killed ppl, would never kill anyone in real life unless he or someone he cares about was in mortal danger. Sighthounds, on the other hand, kill because they've been bred for it for millennia. Affies too. I've seen LC Affies that would rather die than give up the lure.

As for the fish tank, I do feed the fish every time I come here. Can't help it. Funny, as it's something I'd never do with the Real Ke-Killer Fish. I'd much rather shoot them or catch them with a very sharp fish hook. Or poison their pond. I wonder how Our Man takes the never-ending pounding he gets from these fish. He must have a very thick skin. Maybe he was a rhino in his previous life?

seer
2009-10-30 12:29

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Yeah, an Af on the field is just like any other sighthound, but on the home ground they're not quite like any others of that kind, Afs are difficult to describe. Mine have lived all of their lives with cats and smaller dogs and neighbor's chickens wandering through, not to mention the occasional wild varmint - of course the varmints are at risk but the neighbor has never lost a chicken ;). I think the difference in Afs and most other sighthounds is that they were actually somewhat multipurpose, they were home protectors and also herdsmen. Yes, some even still have the herding instinct intact, I've watched a couple that were just as good as any herding breed in the pasture - with cattle no less - a bit different style but just as affective :).

And I had one myself that didn't abide strangers without my say so, with a friend in the northwest who's had two attempted assaults circumvented by having one of her hounds with her. They're still sighthounds but their temperaments and instincts are tempered by other age old purposes - if their 'pack leader' is wise enough to see to it that they understand what is theirs and what is not to be touched and what is fair game ;). After living with this admittedly somewhat odd-turned breed for so many years, I see very much of them in K, and he was born in the general vicinity of their traditional turf ;).

As to how he manages to deal with the slings and arrows of fame? Afs are masters of disdain and the cold shoulder - and if you and your opinions/wishes don't mean much to them you might as well not exist - literally - for all the more attention you'll get from them :D.

I love Sloughis, they look exactly like they should coming from where they have :). I don't think we have many here in the U.S., relatively speaking, but they've always put me in mind of Arabians, elegant, quick and somewhat hot blooded - very primitive animals and not for the 'average' dog owner - they're too smart for someone who's looking for a Golden ;).

1 [2]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.