WINM Forums :: The Library :: Matrix reboot ?

Matrix reboot ?
LucaM
2010-02-12 21:07

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
http://flicksided.com/2010/02/reboot-could-a-matrix-prequel-redeem-the-series/

... I just couldn't shut up ;)

PS - not sure where this thread belongs, but Ani can move it wherever she thinks it fits.

Anakin McFly
2010-02-12 21:32

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
MILO VENTIMIGLIA, YES

...I'm sorry, I don't think any of the rest of it registered with me. XD

LucaM
2010-02-12 23:03

I could rant on for days on :
- how it would be nice to see the 'beginnings' and the stories of each of the first five 'Ones' - on the condition it all ends in a Moebius strip ;) otherwise it would just dilute the story.
- on the latest tendencies of making prequels just to have a canon explanation for everything.
- on how it's not really necessary to make a two hours movie on something which the Architect already explained in one sentence, but almost no-one paid attention to.
- on the general audience's need to see 'us vs.them' showdowns and the movie industry's ( all affiliates, online film magazine editors included ) willingness to cater to it. Mea culpa, it's an industry, not an educational institution. And yet...
- on how most people missed the point of Revolutions.

and so on.

But... I've said all that so many times that I'm getting redundant :(

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE THE MATRIX MOVIES ALONE ???
It's not a franchise, dammit! Go play with Batman and Spiderman and whatever. The Matrix is not for sale !!!
Or, in the immortal words of Laurence Fishburne, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. And it's not broke. It's just a different shape that ordinary minds can't get around ;).

And if a prequel gets made... I vote for Milo as The One and Zach as version beta of Agent Smith. Oh, and lens flare. definitely. absolutely.

ShadowSpark
2010-02-13 01:17

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0
I can sort of follow all that. Although I have to disagree with LucaM on the point of whether the Matrix is a franchise or not. It's as much a franchise as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, in my opinion, at least. I mean, what defines a franchise?

This discussion/argument/debate could go on indefinitely, so I'm going to move on. I do agree that the Matrix is fine the way it is, though. Definitely not broke. I don't know if a full movie prequel is really needed. Or if it would work. I mean, if people really want the background story, go watch the Animatrix shorts 'The Second Renaissance' parts one and two. That pretty much tells the tale. As for a look at the other 'Ones', maybe they should make another animated short. That would seem to be the most logical place for it. Okay, now I'm starting to sound like a Vulcan, so I'm gonna shut up.

LucaM
2010-02-13 01:48

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movie_franchise

I stand corrected :D

What I meant is that 'the brothers' aren't likely to sell the rights for the story/characters. That is, in case they own those rights. Don't know what the practice is in the movie business and whether the rights are owned by the writers/creators or the producing studio...

seer
2010-02-13 02:47

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Don't know what the practice is in the movie business and whether the rights are owned by the writers/creators or the producing studio...

Whoever's name is on the paperwork, could be any or all of the above :). But in general it's probably most often the producer/studio producer.

LucaM
2010-02-13 02:54

That means Warner and Joel Silver, mainly.

... I just hope none of them reads that article :(

seer
2010-02-13 03:03

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Now you know how many felt about the 'reboot' of TDTESS ;).
LucaM
2010-02-13 03:22

Touche' XD

although I guess that sooner or later it's doomed to happen :D

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.