WINM Forums :: The Website :: Stats on the boosted traffic

Stats on the boosted traffic
Anakin McFly
2010-06-07 18:49

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The Reddit.com feature led to a whopping 7,099 unique visitors on June 5, a record-breaking high for WINM (previous high was slightly over 600 after being featured on KeanuWeb); dying down slightly to 864 on June 6 and 521 on June 7. Previously, the average was around 410.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/cbirx/whoa_is_not_me_defending_keanu_reeves

Hoping this exposure got a few new regular visitors to the site. Reddit.com is awesome. This is one of the best things that has ever happened to WINM. :D

ShadowSpark
2010-06-08 12:34

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0
Cool! I wonder if one of the visitors was/will be Keanu?
inkhuldra
2010-10-03 20:15

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Ani, have you thought about removing non-visiting, outdated members from WINM? I'm sure that the number of actual active visitors is lower than 141. Is there a way to generate a members status list to show who's visiting?

Also, how are the monthly visitor stats now that the Reddit craze is (probably) over?

One thing (among many others) that I love about this site is its intimate feel. I'm sure that many members and non-members lurk here without posting, which is ok. Still, it would be nice to know -- especially when spending a whole night posting "live" news from TIFF10 -- whether there's much interest outside of the -- well, I like to think of us as the "Usual Suspects". That is, the ones who take an active part in the goings-on at WINM, and whom one can reasonably suspect to be following a thread even if they're not posting any comments at the time.

I would write more but my Sunday dinner -- a traditional mutton-and-cabbage stew that's an integral part of the autumn season -- smells like it's about ready. Boiling cabbage doesn't really smell appetizing at all, but this stew is just beyond delicious. Maybe because I grew up with it. Funny how that works. :-)

Anakin McFly
2010-10-03 20:42

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I don't like to remove members - a lot of people sometimes sign up and don't come for a while, then return and would like their account to still be there, and others join in order to be able to view the members section of the forums.

According to the stats, the site's currently getting about 700 active visits/day, though some are repeat visits by the same people. It dipped after the Reddit craze, then gradually rose and is now actually at the Reddit level again:

The Reddit thing happened in June, but September is currently the second highest month in traffic. WINM got a bunch of exposure through the Reddit thing, and it looks like some of those people stayed on or told other people. Some of the visits came from ScriptShadow linking to the Chef script, and a thread on the CHUD forums about Keanu, and my own linking over at ONTD during their last Keanu post - that got about 1,000 incoming visits.

Based on poll participation, I think there are about 60 active regulars on the site, mostly lurkers though.

Although I think a lot of the visitors are here for the articles, and I'm not sure about actual forum visitation.

I'll make a poll.

TheTangerine
2010-10-04 03:52

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
I didn't notice the past two polls
...whoa.
inkhuldra
2010-10-04 04:04

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
I guess the next poll could be about what part of WINM people visit the most. ;-)

Fascinating that the traffic has gone up lately. I like that people visit WINM for the articles, as it will help them get to know Our Man. Maybe even journalists are starting to use WINM's article archive for background info? I'd love that.

It could be fun if all the Usual Suspects would actively mention and/or link to WINM on external sites, for - say - a synchronized total of two weeks. And then check the stats to see if there's a spike in the traffic.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.