WINM Forums :: Fan Creations :: I had to draw one of favs

1 2 [3] 4 5 6

I had to draw one of favs
Donna_J
2010-11-18 20:58

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Thanks! I know that.And these days I definately realised that I can't live without WINM and you all even a single day!:)
TheTangerine
2010-11-19 10:08

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Yeah. WINM can do that.

(almost) quoting from the Matrix Revolutions.

50% of everything I say is a quote from the Matrix Trilogy. XD

Anakin McFly
2010-11-19 16:45

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
WHOA at the Passengers drawings. Those are amazing, thanks!!
*links them on Twitter and blog*

(sorry for belated reply; wasn't following this thread)

LucaM
2010-11-19 21:25

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Donna - those are great drawings !

hey, I have an idea. since it looks like they're not gonna make Passengers anyway, why don't you try drawing it, you know, like a comic book or something... then we can add the lines... interactive work... our own private Passengers... just thinking out loud...
and then we could mail the file to Company Films :D

Adrianna - SIX epidurals? OUCH. When I had my knee surgery, the doctor managed to find the X spot at the third attempt, and I can still remember the pain... *shivers*.

AdriannaM.
2010-11-19 22:06

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Yea, those idiots XD And they still couldn't get it right! I hadn't cried so much in a hospital since the day I was born :(

I like your comic book idea :)

Anakin McFly
2010-11-19 22:21

ADMIN

yessss.
Donna_J
2010-11-20 03:54

@ LucaM - continuing your thoughts aloud... then KR sees it somehow (maybe in a dream)...says Whoa!(because he likes comic books)...comes to WINM...says Whoa again(seeing such cool people here)...then he is like"Hi, guys, let's make our own movie!"...and we are like Whoa, Yeah!...and Ani is like "I have a couple of good scripts just for you"... and he is like....(but that is another comic book already)You know that thinking aloud can lead very far!

Thank you, guys, very much!:) I like the idea too. Our own privite Passengers!sounds great!It is definately worth thinking about though I 've never read any comic books(even in childhood) and firstly need to have a look at them.I think I can start from Hellblazer(there is Constantine there):)

LucaM
2010-11-20 04:29

Donna, you can take Hellblazer for reference, and it's a good idea, seeing how the series have been written/drawn by several artists along the years... and you can see how the art- as in illustrations, drawings - influences the way one perceives the story just as much as the writing itself...

The first issues are well written, but in my opinion the drawing is not that good. While I was reading the comics, I noticed first the drawings of Sean Philips - who illustrated the series written by Paul Jenkins. that would be mainly issues 89-104, 110-114. Then are the Brian Azarello/Marcelo Frusin series, issues 151-174, and must admit the Constantine drawn by Frusino is one of my favorites :D Then came the Mike Carey /Leonardo Manco series which are great in all aspects. From the latest issues, I kinda like Camuncoli's drawing but feel meh about Peter Milligan's writing. At first it was ok but now it's just dragging along. Or maybe I'm just jaded...

okay, okay, I'll shut up now. :D

AdriannaM.
2010-11-20 04:30

Constantine <3 <3 <3
LucaM
2010-11-20 05:01

*pats Adrianna reassuringly on the shoulder* yeah, I know, I know ... ;) :D
LucaM
2010-11-20 05:04

back to Passengers, though : were I in charge with editing (eh, one can dream XD) , I'd cut it just after the 'hell of a life' scene. The rest might sound passable on the paper, but visually it would be overkill. Best get rid of the 'cheese factor' as K said about rewriting the 'Day' remake.
Come to think of it, it's what - I've been told, Adrianna could confirm- Venville did with 'Henry's Crime'. Apparently it works better that way.

... will really shut up now XD

TheTangerine
2010-11-20 05:23

YES *agrees very, very strongly with LucaM* Please do that, Donna. The Passengers comic book idea, that is. :D
Donna_J
2010-11-20 06:38

@Luca -Oh! you are a real profi, know so much about comics and atists drawing them.Got A lot of useful information and I am going to see all these works starting from your favourite Frusino. And I agree with you about the ending of the film.That last scene is a "cheese factor" indeed, so we'll get rid of it.And excuse me for my ignorance ,please, tell me - What did Venville do with 'Henry's Crime' he changed the script, cut out scenes ?
@Adrianna - yeah, Constantine is awesome <3<3<3(watched it once again today).Is there script for the second movie already?
TheTangerine
2010-11-20 07:16

@Donna: Nope, apparently not.

Donna_J
2010-11-20 07:37

And it's a pity!I am tired of waiting for new films (the dates are terrifying -2012 - see the movie and meet the doomsday happily :D) and reading scripts would be more than nothing at least.
LucaM
2010-11-20 19:10

Donna - yes, I chatted with someone from another forum and she told me the final scene/s in the HC script we have here on WINM - Max opening his own barbers shop, the bank guard buying his house in the south of France, Henry and Julie under the Hwood sign- did not make it in the final cut of the movie. It ends with ' meet me in Moscow' and Julie's 'unconventional' way of saying "yes" ;)
Adrianna could tell us more, since she saw the movie.

About comics and comic book/graphic novels art : there are many artists out there, each with their own style. Jock is another famous artist, but personally I'm not that impressed with his style. Dave McKean is another favorite of mine; he worked mainly with Neil Gaiman, but also has projects of his own. And he was the artist behind the Vertigo Tarot - dark and heavy with symbols and meanings and simply wonderful...
Then there's Eddie Campbell, who's the artist responsible with putting images on Alan Moore's "From Hell" ; he's got quite an interesting style which you might like...
From the 'new generation', I noticed the drawings of Becky Cloonan.
But there's a whole world out there, and I barely scratched the surface. Use the net, browse, read. You'll have your favorites soon :)

hey, at least after 2012 and doomsday we'll ALL get to meet Constantine in hell... ;) :D
*ducks*

Anakin McFly
2010-11-20 20:14

ADMIN

*chickens*
LucaM
2010-11-20 22:39

*cats*

oops... ;) :D

Donna_J
2010-11-20 23:42

I don't mind doomsday then:D
AdriannaM.
2010-11-21 02:10

Best get rid of the 'cheese factor' as K said about rewriting the 'Day' remake.
Come to think of it, it's what - I've been told, Adrianna could confirm- Venville did with 'Henry's Crime'. Apparently it works better that way.

*confirms*

Constantine won't be in Hell, he was absolved for his act of self-sacrifice at the end.

1 2 [3] 4 5 6

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.