WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: High School. . .Dahhh. . .

1 [2] 3 4 5

High School. . .Dahhh. . .
Anakin McFly
2014-10-01 10:27

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
:D :D :D
neaura
2014-10-01 19:49

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
Reviews: 0
@Spirit may be you should tell her that (quoting Anakin), answers to all life's questions, including history is 42 ;)
Spirit
2014-10-04 06:34

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
Nah, that's my default answer for math tests. :) Currently at Homecoming football game, about to play pregame, I shall return later!

Edit: Well, now it's raining, and the entire band has rain coats on, so we look like a cult.

Edit #2: Aaaand we lost. *chanting* I believe that we just lost, I believe that we just lost, I believe that we just lost!

neaura
2014-10-04 12:37

for initial post and Edit
and for Edit #2

Maths was my fav softspot

Spirit
2014-10-10 07:58

Then you'd love this. I just got back from a three day trip my science class took downstate, and I have like nine pages of math homework because of it.

And my school has a Halloween tree.

By the way, got any dating advice for a hopelessly confused teenager? He's really nice, the field commander, and a junior (11th grade). I'm a fandom loving, fish swatting (in training at least), freshman (9th grade). I... don't know what do do here. How does one find out if someone likes them?

Anakin McFly
2014-10-10 10:39

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I'm 25 this year and have never been in a relationship, so I'm really not the right person to ask. :|
neaura
2014-10-10 12:36

I know how that feels Spirit! Missed almost a year cause of my health, got back just in time for pre-univs and almost passed out reading the first 'Statics' question that ran to 2 sides of a question booklet :D, I guess you get to choose your stream in a couple of years (I hope that's how it works in your place too).. so gets better!

and.. ditto to the last word as Ani with regards to advice. Hope there is someone in here who can give you good advice!

Spirit
2014-10-11 21:40

@Ani & Neaura, not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.... Join my forever-alone club?

@neaura, that had to have sucked. I can't even imagine missing almost a year, especially if the reason was health issues.

What's the stream thing though? Is it something like you chose your courses?

neaura
2014-10-11 21:53

I'll most definitely be in that club but I do not wish that for anyone else, so I hope both of you find someone great :-)
Oops! Yeah stream equals course :D (11th standard, as we call it here) and that's when I chose Mathematics, you get to do that in a year or so right?
Spirit
2014-10-11 22:34

Yeah, it's sorta like that now. You get to choose electives, like band or a shop class of some sort. And w with the course classes like math and science you can choose to do it regular, honors, or advanced placement/duel credit, where you get credits for college as well as high school. I'm really not sure what it does when you major in something, like business or medical field, so far it just seems like it goes on your diploma, maybe does something with setting up classes for college. I already know that I want to take broadcasting, theater, and a books to movies class my last two years of high school, and I could most likely take them now if I wanted to, but I l like most am taking the classes that I have to take to graduate, now, so I can have a fun schedule last two years.

(sorry for such a long answer, but I don't know what the education system is like in, India is it?)

neaura
2014-10-11 23:01

That was a lucid description :-). Yeah, its India. I sort of had classical dance, music, art and sculpting as part of the regular school, not electives. I'm glad you know what you want though, that's a sign of a smart person, much like KR :-). I was a very confused specimen. One half of my brain wanted Maths and the other, art and design. Thought will blend both and become an architect but couldn't pursue that for lack of finance. Majored in pure Maths eventually and now... am trying to go the art way cause I realised that's my actual passion :-) *fingers crossed
Spirit
2014-10-11 23:46

Well I hope that works out for ya. :) Anything certain you wanna do?
neaura
2014-10-12 00:45

Thanks!! Yeah, abstracts and contemporary art based on mathematics and detailed designs. I'm not sure if that will sustain me so I also do fabric and jewellery design, Indian attires have lot of scope for prints & design, so banking on that. No professional background, so gotta work from scratch and I also copywrite :-) that's it for now with my health. My avatar is sort of a doodle, venting method when frustrated. When in good mood, I design ok else that's what comes out :D
Spirit
2014-10-20 00:53

That sounds really cool!! Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I just had my first set of mid-terms, and needless to say, they thoroughly drove me up the wall through the ceiling and onto the roof. What kind of jewelry do you make? I've gotta thing for bracelets in particular.
neaura
2014-10-20 13:40

Hey, that's ok! Welcome back to planet earth, am sure JW will get you back on track ;-)
I don't make jewellery, I design them and I love bracelets!! I don't really wear much and my mom thinks am crazy because of that but I don't think you need to have been a criminal to become a lawyer :-D

I'm planning to learn to make terracota and paper ones, more earth friendly...

allhailkingjack
2014-10-20 21:21

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14

He's really nice, the field commander, and a junior (11th grade). I'm a fandom loving, fish swatting (in training at least), freshman (9th grade).

Oh, Lord.

I'm sorry to say it, but at your age that's...a pretty significant gap. A 16/17-year-old guy will generally have very different, um, expectations than a 14-year-old girl.

I... don't know what do do here. How does one find out if someone likes them?

If he likes you, that fact will generally have a way of making itself known. But there's no harm in striking up a conversation or two with him, keeping it casual and seeing how he responds. But please, please be careful.

Sorry. Turns out this mom hat is permanently stuck to my head.

Spirit
2014-10-21 00:36

@Neaura, ah, I see. Environment friendly certainly is better. What's your favorite thing to design? (and random question here, but have you read The 5th Wave?

@allhailkingjack, it's okay, and in all honesty that age gap is a really confusing two-way street for me. On one hand, I am very aware that to any high school student, two years is a huge gap, suggesting I should give up and begin to consider the options within my own grade. On the other hand, you know how the mind likes to find hope in places where there isn't any? Well, that's what I get from my parents relationship. 11 1/2 years apart, but they were adults when it happened, and everything is different then. As far as being careful goes, not much to worry about at the moment. I lack in people skills, so the most I've done so far is make eye contact, and considering he looked away laughing I most likely had an extremely weird look on my face.

Edit: Just realized this is post #88.... To the fandoms!!

neaura
2014-10-21 00:57

I like to work on earrings and bracelets :-) and no, I haven't read it yet. Isn't that being made into a movie as well? I could be wrong. Don't know why but I purchased Umberto Eco's The name of the Rose on an impulse. Reading that for now.
Spirit
2014-10-21 13:02

I think so, not really sure myself.

Can we all just step back, and collectively facepalm whilst marveling at my ignorant stupidity? I began googling my various user names out of boredom, and what do I discover? Spirit Haze is some sort of marijuana. I just... . Not sure whether to laugh or hide. Is there any way to change that Anakin?

neaura
2014-10-21 13:10

Its easy for me to say laugh it off, may be till I find that neaura has some atrocious meaning attached to it... I'm so not googling :-(

P.s. I still think your's is a cute name

1 [2] 3 4 5

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.