WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Hello, there.

Hello, there.
Crescendo2014-10-17 12:35

Forum Posts: 5
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
A Keanu Reeves defense website; that's definitely something I would have never thought I'd see. Well I saw it, and I'm here. What brought me here was wondering whether or not Keanu regretted doing the "Will and Teddy" classics, and subsequently Googling that very question only to find out that not only does he not regret it; but is actively seeking to do another. More Googling ensued and I was met swiftly by this very site and chuckled at what I'm assuming doubles as both a home page and a wall-of-shame dedicated to haters of the Keanuski.

Now, onward to the actual introduction. I'm a 32 [male-or-am-I?] year-old musician and writer. Neither of which I enjoy as a career. I'm the optimal age to have been the prime demographic for Willard and Theo's Outstanding Undertaking, and its sequel. As such, I have fond memories of the films. Since then I've both enjoyed and scoffed at Mister Reeves' respective roles, but as someone who doesn't consider himself much of a film buff; I largely put my film critiquing in the proverbial toilet where it's safe from having to be backed up by an extensive knowledge of film, acting, et cetera.

I am officially aforementioned. Who are you?

Crescendo2014-10-17 13:02

I realized after perusing the site a bit that the "wall-of-shame" is not actually the home page. It would be really funny if it was, albeit, not very practical. I'm a little disappointed, but it's my own fault for my lack of observation. We can go ahead and add to my introduction that I love plays on words and irrelevant, convoluted analogies.
Anakin McFly
2014-10-17 13:10

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Hi, and welcome! Yep - the Wall of Shame is its own page.

I'm 25, also a musician and writer (mostly a writer), working as a web developer after honing my skills on building sites like this one. I got into the fandom via The Matrix, because I was 10 at that time and got totally obsessed.

(and dude, there are kids (and possibly grandmothers) here, some of whom are fairly regular members. Keep the sex talk down.)

Crescendo2014-10-17 13:35

Pleasure, Anakin. I edited the comment to avoid potentially offending anyone. Potty humor is strong within me and sometimes I forget that not everyone shares the same sensibilities, or lack thereof. I'm not a Keanu fan, necessarily, but he has been in movies that have, at least for a time, been among my favorites. My favorite of his would have to be Constantine. Typical, perhaps. I absolutely loved it. Regardless of whether or not people love him he's undeniably chosen, or been chosen for, some great roles. There's a hopeless romantic within me that wants to choose The Lakehouse as my second favorite. I'll silence him for now and go with The Matrix in order to earn brownie points and partially negate the effects of my questionable content violation (smiley face emoticon).
neaura
2014-10-17 14:09

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
Hey Crescendo, welcome aboard!
Relatively new here myself, just over a month and a half old @WINM. Its been a wonderful journey thus far and hope it would be the same for you.
Anakin McFly
2014-10-17 14:25

ADMIN

Thanks!

There are a lot of diehard Constantine fans on this site, so you're in good company. The Matrix is probably my favourite. I love The Lake House too, partly because I'm a sucker for time travel movies and good architecture.

neaura
2014-10-17 14:58

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
Constantine!!! I will figure in that list too. The Lake House, according to me, is pretty (or very) underrated. Probably the mix of realism and fantastical elements didn't go down well with the crowd but that, along with lovely music, visuals and acting is why it actually works for me. :-) will join that club too.
allhailkingjack
2014-10-17 19:05

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14

My favorite of his would have to be Constantine.

Sigh. I was all set to dislike you, with all your fishy-sounding, flowery talk, and now I can't.

Spirit
2014-10-17 19:46

Forum Posts: 155
Welcome Crescendo! I'm still pretty new here too.

Wait, is this forming club for Connie or Lake House? Ah well, sign me up for both.

Crescendo2014-10-17 23:59

Thanks!There are a lot of diehard Constantine fans on this site, so you're in good company. The Matrix is probably my favourite. I love The Lake House too, partly because I'm a sucker for time travel movies and good architecture.

Indeed! I thought The Lake House was such a unique take on time travel.

Hey Crescendo, welcome aboard!
Relatively new here myself, just over a month and a half old @WINM. Its been a wonderful journey thus far and hope it would be the same for you.

Thank you. Any site with both a wall-of-shame and friendly users is A+ material by my grading scale. Don't tell anyone: I secretly want to make the wall-of-shame, but I don't think my opinions are ridiculous and condescending enough to make the cut.

Sigh. I was all set to dislike you, with all your fishy-sounding, flowery talk, and now I can't.

At some point in my life I thought to myself, "Constantine is going to save your rear." I was right. Even my flowery talk is no match for the camaraderie powers of Constantine. All hail.

Welcome Crescendo! I'm still pretty new here too. Wait, is this forming club for Connie or Lake House? Ah well, sign me up for both.

Thanks. Connie? I may have missed something. Please excuse me. It can be both; I'm just not up to speed on the club inclusion. Oh, OH! Connie Nielsen? Yes!

Spirit
2014-10-18 00:46

Forum Posts: 155
Hate to disappoint you, but I meant Connie for Constantine....
Anakin McFly
2014-10-18 10:21

ADMIN

...mostly because it would really annoy him.
Crescendo2014-10-18 11:56

Ah, Constantine. My bad.
But, yes. Both of those things.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.