WINM Forums :: News & Announcements :: Need help with site updates!

Need help with site updates!
Anakin McFly
2014-10-23 10:57:51

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Hi everyone! I haven't been able to keep up with the flood of interviews, and it seems to be getting worse now that John Wick is finally coming out in cinemas. Plus Keanu has a whole bunch of other movies out in 2015, so things will be busy for a while.

But I've got a full-time job and I'm really strapped for time right now (I'm typing this at the office). So - are any of you free to help with the updates?

I created an auto-formatter a while ago, so there's no actual coding needed (and it doesn't connect to the rest of the site, so you don't need to worry about accidentally breaking anything. You'll use this form:

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/addart.htm

And this is how you fill it in:

(the tags use the WINM movie code system, where it's basically the year plus the first 3 letters of the movie. Each is separated by a space. So for example if an article mentions The Matrix and Constantine, you'd fill in the tag field with '99mat 05con'.)

After that, click 'Submit'. You'll get a page that looks kind of weird, but that's how it's supposed to look. Right click and click 'View Source With'. Copy that code into a notepad file, save it with the 'link' value (e.g. for the example above it would be 2014_0902_kea.htm), then email it to me.

This also helps, if there's a lot of bold and italics in the article: http://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-word-to-html.php/
in which case you won't need to check the 'Add Paragraphing' box.

If anyone's interested, either leave a comment or drop me an email (admin at whoaisnotme.net)! I'll give more detailed instructions and split up the articles and keep track of who's taking what, so we won't end up doing repeat work.

Thanks in advance!

allhailkingjack
2014-10-23 11:17:22

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14
Reviews: 0
I'd like to help, but can this be done on a Kindle Fire? It's the most consistent web access I have. And what about timing? Can I do it on evenings & weekends? (Full-time job, kids, etc.)
Spirit
2014-10-23 11:33:14

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
I could certainly try. Seems easy enough, and it would give me a productive thing to do when I'm avoiding being productive (if that makes any sense...).
neaura
2014-10-23 11:52:26

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
I'd like to help :-) is it possible to work on a tab? Else I'll use my system, no problem.
Anakin McFly
2014-10-23 11:54:06

ADMIN

@Jack - It would probably be more work on a Kindle, especially with all the copying and pasting, so perhaps not. I'm hoping to get people who can afford the time, and it sounds like you're busier than I am, so that's ok. :P

@Spirit - Sure! Don't let it interfere with your schoolwork, though.

Anakin McFly
2014-10-23 11:54:54

ADMIN

@neaura - Yeah, it's possible to work on a tablet, but it's a lot more time consuming. I'll get in touch later. :)
Misty2014-11-24 18:07:03

Forum Posts: 67
Comments: 2
Reviews: 5
I would love to help on this project
Anakin McFly
2014-11-29 23:18:24

ADMIN

@Misty - the deluge of articles has passed, but I'll get in touch when the next flood comes. Thanks! :)
Misty2014-11-29 23:23:40

Forum Posts: 67
Comments: 2
Reviews: 5
Anytime!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.