*runs and crashes in*

Look, look, you people!! I like following these podcasts, and look who's in it:

http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-keanu-reeves/

LuxuriantN
2014-10-25 11:33:21

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
Hi ckage. Long time no see. The interest surrounding Keanu's latest movie brought me back here. It looks great.

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed this interview. I wish the interviewer wouldn't have talked about himself quite so much but, hey, we can't have it all our own way!

ckage
2014-10-25 21:47:25

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Hi.

I've been following the Nerdist podcast for some time now, and the thing with it is that it's not quite a typical interview, as much as it is an informal conversation. Like Hardwick said, these podcasts usually go on for one hour, some times one hour and a half, so the fact that the interviewer takes some minutes to talk about himself and make the conversation sound more reciprocal, doesn't sacrifice the time given to the interviewee. Unfortunately, Keanu's podcast was waaay too small.

Anakin McFly
2014-10-25 22:49:23

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
LUX!!! Welcome back!

I don't have enough of an attention span for podcasts... What are the highlights from that one?

ckage
2014-10-26 05:26:28

Highlights...

Keanu's glad to be talking about a movie he's happy with, since that isn't always the case.

Hardwick is a comic geek, so he prompts Keanu on the sort of comedy and stand-up he followed as a kid. Keanu mentions some names I'm not familiar with, also comedy albums by Cosby, Woody Allen and Richard Pryor.

There's reference to a situation that might not please flipout: a few years ago, Hardwick was at a party where Keanu was at, and, out of nowhere and with no introduction, a woman showed up and started kissing Keanu; Hardwick wanted to know if Keanu can just summon random unknown people out of the ether. Keanu said he doesn't remember, and that the woman probably knew him.

There's some talk about Bill and Ted, Parenthood. They fanboy over little Joaquin Phoenix.

Hardwick starts making a question starting with "considering you can do anything you want.. (film-wise)", Keanu interrupts saying that he can't do anything he wants, he can only try.

Harwick asks if Keanu is a stresser, or if he tends to be more Zen. Keanu says he's not Zen about anything, he's a fretter, and a concerner. They go on a ramble on why do people in showbusiness all tend to be stressers. Keanu says he goes on motorcycle rides to unwind. Talk on the sad-Keanu meme, "which was fantastic" (sic. Keanu). They talk about social media, on how it's a self-centered exercise; Keanu inquires on "how can it (social media) be narcissistic if it's going out?".

Hardwick talks on the impact the Matrix trailer had on an audience of collage kids, way back when. Some talk on how Keanu was contacted for that role, and if they knew about the impact the movie was going to have. "A nerd who just learns how to fly", Keanu says at some point.

Keanu wants to make a romantic musical, and, as an opposite, the most outrageously violent film ever shot, titled "Berserker" (he was probably rambling at this point). To dispel rumors, no more Point Break, no more Speed.

Keanu yells a lot. He also defines something as "jump-the-sharky" at some point, which I found funny. He also goes on the internet "once-in-awhily".

Anakin McFly
2014-10-26 11:25:46

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Thanks so much!

"A nerd who just learns how to fly"

awww. :) And jump-the-sharky. XD

I find it fascinating that he's now interested in making these ultra-violent films (Man of Tai Chi, John Wick, Berserker...), especially since in the past he's turned down roles for being too violent. But perhaps he only likes violence within a certain artistic, stylistic context - he's also mentioned how one of his favourite films is A Clockwork Orange - rather than senseless violence done purely for that shock factor or as a cathartic outlet for filmmakers.

ckage
2014-10-26 22:19:42

Yes, I definitely don't think it's about violence for violence's sake, but more about the aesthetics and theatrics of it. In a Hannibal-y way.

LuxuriantN
2014-10-28 09:46:53

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Hi Anakin

This new movie really has me hyped. Keanu looks FAB and the fight scenes in the trailers I have seen are jaw dropping. So pleased for him. People need to be reminded every few years just how awesome the guy is.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.