WINM Forums :: The Library :: Keanu resemblance in classic literature?

Keanu resemblance in classic literature?
Misty2014-11-27 18:49:20

Forum Posts: 67
Comments: 2
Reviews: 5
First of all, I apologize if one may find this topic does not fit for "library" section, as I am still confused as well. I want to write my impression about Keanu, so I was thinking to post in "thank you" section but it was closed. I moved to "fandom" section but I also did not think this will fit there either. So here it is, my personal encounter on a classic literature and a bit of reflection of why I like Keanu and his works:

Reading through the collection of interviews, news articles, and comments around our favorite actor here, I feel the resemblance of the same excitement I felt as I found an interesting novella in a small library 17 years ago. It was L'Ingenu, written by Voltaire in 1767. It is a story about a stranger whose adventurous soul brought him travelling with a British tradesmen ship from America to Europe then met his surprisingly past there. The Huron man was raised in an indigenous native American tribe who later found himself at odds with the most "modern" society at that time, which was France. Ironically, this was the same society that adored him for being true to himself and to others.

It is hard for me for not noticing the similarities of Keanu with this man of Huron, whose named as "Child of Nature". He has a beautiful complexion of skin as lilies and roses, is a fast-learner, very physical, and good-natured. He says what he thinks, does what he likes, and recites Shakespeare by heart. The character's life is of tragedy too, because he fell in love with a woman who "accidentally" was his godmother, and he was imprisoned by the authority he had fought for. He was Canadian as well; plus, brought up in native-American cultures, just like Keanu (correct me if I'm wrong, I assume Hawaiian as native-American). Both of real and fictional characters are also attractive, funny, patiently dealing with ridiculous treatments on daily basis, curious, and impossibly innocent. Interestingly, these two also find consolation from the enormous amount of books they read.

Although L'Ingenu contains social criticism and religious references, thus may arise controversy and is inevitably debatable, I think it fits Keanu if one day someone plans to make it as a play or film. Lets' think about Constantine. Some roles are so natural that sometimes they choose their own players :)

This note is entirely personal thoughts inspired by a crossing of a classic literature and Keanu Reeves persona. Do you have some reflections to be shared too?

Free version of the book:
http://play.google.com/store/books/details/Voltaire_L_ingenu_Or_The_Sincere_Huron

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.