Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Joke - thanks for posting :)
BlueGem
2012-02-16 03:07

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Reviews: 0
Joke, how wonderful! Front row seats. I hope you'll tell us he's even more handsome in person than on camera.
Giladora
2012-02-16 03:25

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
Joke !!
I've been here reading these , not having a proper word to describe my feelings about it .. just in short : Great ....
ARYA
2012-02-16 03:49

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
@Joke, thanks from me too! I have been glued to my computer screen all day. I know exactly how you feel about photographing. It takes away from the experience.
Try to remember some quotes from him ok?
nafsunaek
2012-02-16 03:59

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Thanks, Joke! I look forward to reading all about it!! And looking at the blurry pics too! ;)
ARYA
2012-02-16 06:54

All this film festing is exhausting for me...LOL. Now I have to go to bed early so I can be up at the crack of dawn for the live streamed conference on interviewing? Oy.
Joke
2012-02-16 16:17

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
Bluegem, yes, Keanu is even more handsome in person than on camera. Photos just don't do him justice.

nafsunaek, I already deleted the blurry pics from my camera, but I do have a few non-blurry ones left, I think. ;-)

gulbie
2012-02-16 18:14

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
thanks Joke!

do you (all of you) know if the talk at talent campus is in streaming live or recordered?

http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/campus/program/telelectures?year=2012

ARYA
2012-02-16 20:05

I did not see you Joke but I sure saw plenty of your traveling buddy. I will adore your telling of the tale. Don't leave anything out. I am going back to bed.
RICEIVORE
2012-02-16 20:18

Forum Posts: 30
I read this while I was in Physics class and I literally started screaming about how depressed I was that I couldn't be in Berlin and how happy I was that there was going to be photo coverage and how much I love this man it's unbelievable. We were doing a lab activity about coffee and creamer and cooling time and stuff, and I very nearly spilled it. This teaches me not to use my friend's phone during class time.

Either way, THANK YOU, JOKE, FOR YOUR DILIGENCE. I'm legitimately quivering with excitement. I CAN'T WAIT.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gulbie
2012-02-16 20:55

Joke, did you assisted also the talk with keanu at talent campus this morning?
2012-02-16 20:55
[ Post deleted by poster ]
Chiara
2012-02-16 21:25

Forum Posts: 215
Did anybody watch livestream?I can see Arya did, but she`s gone.Luca, you said you`re thinking of taking a day off.Did you watch?Could anybody tell me their impressions,please?I can`t wait to watch it myself.Gulbie, did you?
Chiara
2012-02-16 22:55

Forum Posts: 215
http://www.morgenpost.de/kultur/berlinale/article1906560/Fuer-Keanu-Reeves-ist-Clint-Eastwood-ein-Vorbild.html

This is google translation:

For Keanu Reeves, Clint Eastwood is a role model

Keanu Reeves is in Berlin. And once again a guest of the Berlinale. But this time he is no dreamy lovers in "Pippa Lee" three years ago and no esoteric dentist in "Thumbsucker" 2005. He is also not to be experienced in action as in "matrix" or "speed". Keanu Reeves has come as a producer. Its director Christopher Kenneally, he turned Wednesday "Side by Side" as a world premiere. Reeves makes this documentary filmmakers like Danny Boyle, James Cameron, Martin Scorsese, David Fincher and many others with them and discussed the question of where to develop the film industry. Away from the old celluloid through to digital. Morgenpost Online has turned around the tables and Kenau Reeves asked the questions.

Herald Online: Mr. Reeves, what is the biggest fear of an actor? To one day disappear behind all the digital possibilities, to be replaced by animation?

Keanu Reeves: It depends on how it's done. With the digital opens up many possibilities. There is also a great fear. Certainly not the greatest, but quite a large: that the things that you deliver, can be driven fast and loose. The greatest fear, but that's for decades so it is no longer employed at will.

Herald Online: How is your film project "Side by Side" come about?

Reeves: Christopher and I had a while ago, a joint project - "Henry and June". He noticed that I could not stop anymore to ask questions. All the time my technical questions went through my head. How about if there were only digital film. What we would be lost? What are the great masters of these questions? Chris said that would be a great material for a documentary.

Herald Online: So you have James Cameron and Co. just called.

Reeves: Some have called me, yes. Others were contacted by colleagues. Of course these people have a pretty tight schedule. But for 40 to 60 minutes that we wanted, they have taken their time.

Herald Online: Does it make any difference whether you are recorded digitally or with traditional materials?

Reeves: No ... (long pause)

Herald Online: but ..?

Reeves: There is one very big difference. In the traditional way, the role is to end sometime. Digital on the other hand, man oh man, because you can play without end. Many things to try. I like it very much.

Herald Online: So you're more a fan of digital?

Reeves: No, absolutely not. It has advantages. But when turning, we noticed that Chris is more of a fan of the new, while I of sticking to the old technology. But I generally go with the digitization of our world Sun I may still things you can touch. I feel that digital sometimes too fast. And it's too volatile.

Herald Online: Currently in Beijing to prepare your directorial debut, "Man of Tai Chi" before. If one of the directors with tips?

Reeves: Indeed. James Cameron was very excited. And me without being asked a lot of information given by the way. As I look out for in order to achieve the maximum effect. From where the light must come to the perfect story to bring to the screen.

Herald Online: Actors who become producers and directors, which is increasing, right?

Reeves: Yes, this time I swim with the tide. Exceptionally. I suppose for us not so young, but not so old, Clint Eastwood was a kind of spark. What did he do with his career, he has explored every single time its limitations, this is exemplary. Or Billy Bob Thornton, whose new movie is here for. Also one of the very great border crossers.

Herald Online: When was the moment when you decided to become a filmmaker?

Reeves: Wait a minute. I'm still not a filmmaker! Actor with some experience, yes. Producer with little experience and correct. But the filmmakers I miss the movies. There was no specific moment of discontent. I've noticed over the years that perhaps dormant in me yet another talent. Music I've tried, this was all well and good, but not great performance. Something inside me tells me that I could be a very good filmmaker, someday. Let's see.

Herald Online: In recent years, you often thought, Her first film could be a literary adaptation, according to Nietzsche or Dostoevsky. Now it is a martial arts movie.

Reeves: Wait until you see the movie. We have not even begun. We prepare just before the shooting. Right after my visit to Berlin I'll fly back to Beijing. What Nietzsche and Dostoyevsky is concerned, which I think is great as before. Maybe one day I turn even a movie called "God is dead". Give me some time.

Herald Online: Which material are you "Man of Tai Chi" direction? Analog or digital?

Reeves: I'll tell you now not sure. I can only say: About the Arriflex is nothing for me. To the right lenses. And even after the whole thing looks very very great movie.

Herald Online: What makes you so interesting for the Berlinale?

Reeves: It's already my third time that I come to Berlin Film Festival. Every time I've noticed that this festival is different than, say, Cannes or Venice. I sense here an enthusiasm that sweeps that inspires. It would hardly be the world once again such a festival audience that is so interested. But just in the film medium. And not only to the stars. The course must be.

Herald Online: How often did you have in your Berlinale-time visits to the city?

Reeves: Never. It always looked like this: flying in from somewhere. Quick to the premiere. Then press and interviews. In between a few hours of sleep. And eat before your flight at least once more chips.

gulbie
2012-02-17 01:09

@chiara yes, I did. both Mark and Keanu were very interesting, they talk about movies and evolution of technologies. I was touched by what mark told about a group a children who have never seen movie and he showed 5 movies ( one of them was E.T.) and he told he never forget their faces while they're seeing the movies. keanu was in the way keanu always is: he keenly talked about this project, and about his new project, he did the usual polite turns for not answering to some (few) questions, he took many gifts from the spectators, he was very interested by mark cousins' documentary "scene by scene" ( it lasts 900 minutes, oops!), he was smart as usual and funny ( i.e. the imitation of david lynch's voice)... many things are told in the 90 minutes of talk but this is what I remember. unluckily, I listen to it while I was working ...or I was pretending to work.. ;).

I was very impressed by the spectators, most part of them are students of cinema from all the contries of the world, smart and passionate youth.
in other hand, I have a strong feeling there were some keanu's fans.

LucaM
2012-02-17 01:15

Forum Posts: 4842

Luca, you said you`re thinking of taking a day off.

aaargh, the best laid plans of mice and men :((

instead of taking the day off and watching the live stream, I ended up running errands all day long all over the town, then got an effin' tooth ache, had to wait at the dentist's for almost one hour - and if there's anything I loathe about as much as film critics, it's struggling to avoid interaction with other patients in doctors' waiting rooms...

anyway. the moment is gone, and I lost it. now I have to wait for the video to be uploaded on the Berlinale site :(

LucaM
2012-02-17 01:24

Something inside me tells me that I could be a very good filmmaker, someday. Let's see.

*insert image of Neo making his *bring it on* gesture* ;)

Maybe one day I turn even a movie called "God is dead". Give me some time.

we're waiting. patiently.
well, more or less ;)

gulbie
2012-02-17 01:40

keanu made two meetings with the spectators , the first yesterday after the premiere here http://keanureevesitaly.forumcommunity.net/?t=49937759#lastpost

the second today in the morning and if you want to taste the first minutes there is this video http://keanureevesitaly.forumcommunity.net/?t=49943824

LucaM
2012-02-17 02:21

mille mille grazie ! :D
gulbie
2012-02-17 02:37

prego :D

check at the first link because there are 2 videos not only one....

1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.