1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

BERLINALE 2012
LucaM
2012-02-17 03:24

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
yes, I've seen the second one :)

(asked on how's he gonna shoot MOTC, digital or on film)
'digital, baby! (long pause) but I wish it were in photochemical... '
Keanu will be Keanu. always.

... I'm watching these videos, I listen to him talking and I realize that, in spite of the years of fandom and all that, I'm looking at a complete stranger.
And yet not really. This 'side' of his has always been there, hidden behind Ted or Neo or Alex or Ludlow... We got short glimpses of it in interviews, but one had to learn how to look, how to listen... Now it's on the stage, in the limelight. And it's fascinating.
Side by Side, indeed ;)

MSuperstar
2012-02-17 03:41

Forum Posts: 14
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
Thanks, Joke ... looking forward to seeing some blurry and unblurry pictures :-)
Chiara
2012-02-17 03:50

Forum Posts: 215
Thanks,Gulbie for taking a time and shared your impressions with me.It meant a lot to me.
Luca, I`m sorry your day didn`t work out the way you planned.Hope you feel better by now.

'digital, baby! (long pause) but I wish it were in photochemical... '

I wonder if there`s a way to say it and not to sound shallow :the way how he said that...totally got me!

I'm watching these videos, I listen to him talking and I realize that, in spite of the years of fandom and all that, I'm looking at a complete stranger

Of course he`s always going to remain complete stranger for us,but is there anything in particular that made you think that while watching him today or is that your general impression?

gulbie
2012-02-17 03:55

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
update: there's a third video... I'm going to be crazy if I'll keep to share updates over updates on my site...

Luca, you're right "This 'side' of his has always been there", but I don't think is always hidden, we didn't know how to look and you can't see what you don't look...

after 2 decades I've learnt many things from keanu, but few ones about keanu. honestly.

nafsunaek
2012-02-17 03:57

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
@Joke, thanks a lot - can't wait to watch them all! :D

@Gulbie, thanks for the links! Straight to watch the videos! Dinner can wait ...;)

@LucaM, hope you feel better :)

LucaM
2012-02-17 04:13

well, after two glasses of Jack Daniels and watching the videos gulbie so kindly shared with us, I definitely feel better ! :D

but is there anything in particular that made you think that while watching him today or is that your general impression?

... actually, it didn't happen only today; I first got this feeling when watching the press conference for HC held at the film festival in Poland, in December 2010. Coincidence or serendipity ;) but it was another foul European winter, just like this year; he was there to promote HC but in fact talked a lot about his documentary 'in the works' and conducted some of the very first interviews for the documentary right there at the festival... there was a certain vibe about him and now, in retrospective, we know why - or at least 'what'...
Not necessarily something in particular but... a combination of things. The way he holds himself. The tone of his voice. The way he talks, cryptically and in depth about a subject he's passionate about. The goofy Keanu is still there somewhere ('but the shoes were the same') yet now it's this side that's gently pushed in the background.
I guess it's a general impression created by a hundred of small details , a touch of intuition and just a smidge of empathy?
(no, it's not the JD typing ;) :D )

*shrugs*
dunno.

I guess gulbie 'nailed it' " after 2 decades I've learnt many things from keanu, but few ones about keanu."

hence the fascination, at least in my case.

Chiara
2012-02-17 04:48

Thanks,Luca, for sharing your feelings with me.I like to hear about other people`s thoughts and feelings `cause that helps me to understand and recognize my own ones in a sense.
gulbie
2012-02-17 05:49

when I've re-read the exspession " 2 decades" I realized I could seem old. LOL! I'm not so old. I begun as youngest. LOL!

anyway, Luca, I've seen a lot of my feelings/thoughts through the years in your words. and I agree to Chiara the sharing is helpful for everybody to understand better.

Chiara
2012-02-17 06:07

when I've re-read the exspession " 2 decades" I realized I could seem old. LOL! I'm not so old. I begun as youngest. LOL!

gulbie, aren`t we all here in our best age ?LOL!

I'm watching these videos, I listen to him talking and I realize that, in spite of the years of fandom and all that, I'm looking at a complete stranger

Obviosly I`m still thinking about that one and I wonder isn`t it strange how the same thing happen even with someone you spend life with.One day you just find out you`re looking at a complete stranger.

gulbie
2012-02-17 06:39

gulbie, aren`t we all here in our best age ?LOL!

yes, of course... I forgot for a while. ;)

One day you just find out you`re looking at a complete stranger.

ditto

BlueGem
2012-02-17 12:44

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Just watched one of the videos on the Berlinale site. Keanu is just TOO adorable for words, and funny ("digital, baby!"), and always in motion (kicking up his heels, getting up and walking around). That 3-piece suit (very trendy) with no tie and of course, the same shoes. Underneath it all, though, such intelligence, such a mind.

BlueGem
2012-02-17 12:48

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Does anyone know the title of the book Keanu "has a quote in" - the one referenced by the woman filmmaker in the audience at the Feb. 15 panel (couldn't understand her name) who thanked him for his contribution?
LucaM
2012-02-17 17:54

BlueGem - I was wondering the same. But I didn't understand clearly that part: did Keanu reference her work in a book or in the production notes for the documentary? I'll have to listen again to that part.
Joke
2012-02-17 18:11

Forum Posts: 380
Hello everyone,

A Berlinale report from me (more or less copied from what I wrote on club-keanu.com). Since I'm at work (I flew back from Berlin this morning at 6am) it will be short and you'll have to wait for pics and clips until tonight.

@ARYA the Turkish girl you're referring to (turkishdelight4keanu on club-keanu) isn't a travelmate of mine. I never met her before. She did however get me a ticket for the Side by Side premiere when I failed to get one online. *thumbsup* Through her I also met a German Keanu fan (Lelou on club-keanu) she knew from the London Ode of Hapiness event and we all spend some time together.

--- copy ---

We had another great day, yesterday. We were early at the venue for the talk, so we were one of the first in line again. There must have been a lot more Keanu fans, since there were many of the same faces as the day before at the premiere. There were reserved signs at the first two rows of seats, so we got seats in the 3rd row. Then Lelou noticed a few of the seats in the 1st row didn't have these signs and in an athletic feat she jumped over the 2nd row and got one of those seats.

It turned out the 2nd row was reserved for some of the Side by Side people and those of us who stayed in the 3rd row were right behind, and I mean right behind, the director of Side by Side.

As some of you might have seen on the Berlinale stream, Keanu and Mark Cosusins were in fine form and the talk was very interesting. During the Q&A quite a few Keanu fans came out and he was showered with presents, by amongst others turkishdelightforkeanu, who got in the very last question this time.

After the talk was finished turkishdelight4keanu, Lelou, a friend of Lelou (who did like Keanu before, but after experiencing him live has now become a fan) and me went out to have a bite to eat and talk some more about this experience. It was all very fun and if I ever have the opportunity I'm going to attend another event, where hopefully I'll get to meet more of you.

P.S. Lelou's friend was totally smitten by Keanu (as we all are), but totally flabbergasted by his shoes.

--- end of copy ---

Joke

Chiara
2012-02-17 18:29

Thank you for the report, Joke.I`m veryy happy you had such a great fun seeing Keanu and meeting the other fans.
ARYA
2012-02-17 23:11

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
WTG Lelou!!!!

in an athletic feat she jumped over the 2nd row and got one of those seats.

@Joke, Thanks so much for sharing. But please keep remembering and share that too ok?
I am so glad you all had a good time! I streamed the event with Mark Cousins and they blocked the clips for copyright issues so I would love to hear about the clips.

LucaM
2012-02-17 23:29

Joke - thanks for sharing :)
nafsunaek
2012-02-18 00:07

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Thanks for sharing, Joke! I'm happy you had such a wonderful time and look forward to seeing the pics and vids! ;)
gulbie
2012-02-18 00:10

Thank you, Joke, for report.what a wonderful exsperience you did!

So the last girl who asked question and gave a black bag to Keanu with some gifts was Turkishdelight4keanu....I supposed that but I wasn't sure until your confirmation!

I think is amazing when the fans meet each others. I made this exsperience ( unluckely, not related to a "keanu's event") when I met 3 nice and lovely londoners fans from twitter last september. It was a great afternoon! :)

Joke
2012-02-18 00:49

Forum Posts: 380
@ARYA I didn't realize they would block the clips during the streaming. Let's see if I can remember what they showed.

* Some footage of the Side by Side movie. Very similar to the trailer actually. They accidentally started this twice.

* A clip from a Mark Cousins movie showing the Iraqi children he had shown the movies to the day before. They were standing in a group together and he was asking them what they would make a movie about. It was very funny, since one of the kids was a total camera hogger and he kept pushing other kids aside to be in the spotlight.

* A clip from a Mark Cousins movie where he interviewed the Japanese director, who made a movie about a Japanese ex-soldier who meets his former commander who murdered and ate some of his co-soldiers. We also see that the ex-soldier is so angry that his ex-commander doesn't want to say anything in the interview that he physically attacks him.

* A clip from an other Mark Cousins movie where a few neo nazi guys meet an Auschwitz survivor. Don't know exactly how to describe what happened there, but it was very uncomfortable. The survivor told that he had never really seen the gas chambers, which ofcourse one of the neo nazis started agreeing with, totally ignoring that the survivor also told that when he entered the concentration camp with his father, mother and sibling (don't remember if it was a brother or sister) only he and his mother made it out and his father and sibling, along with a whole lot of acquantances just "disappeared". I'm not sure, but I think I saw Keanu wipe away a tear after this clip.

1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.